Are you a Qualified Accountant looking to fast track your career and earn a rewarding salary more akin to London rates without having to travel to London? An unrepeatable opportunity to join a unique, reputable and progressive accountancy firm in Coventry to work alongside a team of young and vibrant accountants!
You’ll be ACCA or ACA qualified (maybe even recently qualified) and with experience of working within an accountancy practice in the UK, and with experience in preparing year end accounts and corporate and personal tax returns.
As a Senior Accountant, you will take responsibility for clients and be able to review the work of semi senior and trainee accountants.
You’ll need good communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and able to deliver excellent customer service.
You’ll need to be technically excellent with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll also be a self-starter who is motivated to promptly see projects through to completion.
As a team player, you’ll bring out the best in others, yourself and the whole team.
As a company we are strong believers in investing in our people, and this means that you will have a challenging but rewarding role with personal progression and development opportunities, an attractive benefits package, with flexible working and enjoyable team culture.
- Management accounts preparation and review
- Preparation, review and submission of year end accounts
- Provide excellent service to clients by supporting and answering queries
- Preparation, review and submission of CT600 and personal tax returns
- Reviewing the work of juniors
- Mentoring and help to trainees
- Potential likely progression is to quickly move to take responsibility for a team of accountants and take final responsibility for that team's portfolio of clients
- Lead a team of accountants
- Help all team members hit their personal and department goals
- Provide mentoring, training and help to trainees across the firm
About Oldfield Advisory LLP
Leaders - Creative - Achieving results for clients & our team
"We are a team of creative experts, together we will be a specialist firm leading in the field of advising owner managed businesses. We will be bringing top level tax strategies to suburban OMBs, at the same time as having created over £1 billion of business value for our clients! As a result we only do quality work for quality clients, so we can work flexibly with no burnout, as well as having a winning culture with the resource, time and space for creativity and learning."
What makes us unique
Over 90% of our clients are limited companies with a turnover of between £1 million and £10 million and are mainly in the wholesaling, importing, and manufacturing sectors.
The experience in working with these quality, high-class clients is unique, challenging and very rewarding.
Admin tasks are done by admin personnel - A dedicated client service team plan the work-flow, arrange meetings, liaise with clients etc, freeing up our accountants to do what they love doing best and not get sidetracked by admin work!
No January tax return panics! Due to highly organised client care and work-flow planning we do not require our accountants work work extra time or late hours during January.
We have a corporate yet relaxed work environment and support creativity and recognise and reward people’s commitment, hard work, and success.
"We have a passion for winning. We are like one big family. We positively grow everything we touch"
- Starting Salary £45,000 to £55,000 pa.
- Flexi time and hybrid office/ remote working options
- Holiday allowance plus birthday bonus holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training programme and professional development opportunities
- Employee welfare programme including free lunches
- Private healthcare insurance
- KPI bonus scheme
- Team building activities
- Opportunity to join profit share scheme after qualifying period in the role
- Positive and encouraging culture where everyone helps everyone else
The successful candidate
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Previous experience within a practice environment
- Technically excellent skill-set across accountancy
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving
- Good communication skills
- Motivated and able to inspire others
The successful candidate will be based at our office in Coventry. There is free on-site parking and the office is situated close to the city boundary. Easy access to major road networks and walking distance (3-4 minutes) from main line rail station.